Study in Latvia
Latvia is a country in Northern Europe, one of the Baltic states (others are Estonia and Lithuania). Almost 2 million people live in Latvia. Latvia’s potential national identity, its several cultures, modern cities, beautiful beaches side, and the forest side should make it a fascinating place. The study abroad programs in Latvia are providing all university-level study abroad, volunteer, intensive language school, and internship programs oriented to university students. Rely on the purpose of travel to Latvia, different types of visas provided that will apply to the purpose. If you are planning to travel on a visit, study, or work and settle in Latvia permanently, you will have to appeal for a different Latvian Schengen Visa consequently.
Rely on the purpose of travel to Latvia, different types of visas provided that will apply to the use. If you are planning to travel on a visit, study, or work and settle in Latvia permanently, you will have to appeal for a different Latvian Schengen Visa consequently.
Access Condition for Latvian University
Access conditions for Latvian universities basically depend on the university, the types of university programs, and the level of competition among students to get into the university. Usually, the admission system of higher education institutions composes following rules:
A written form of application to the university
- Evidence of a fulfilled secondary education
- Registration for selected universities.
- Testimony of matriculation
- If the students are a resident of Latvia or have permanent residence in Latvia, they are allowed to take up their higher education in Latvia.
- An official general secondary education certificate and a secondary occupational certificate are received as full secondary education in Latvia.
Agreement for international student
International students can be admitted for their higher education in a Latvian university if their completed secondary education assemble the criteria of a Latvian university. In the case of another country educational certificates, qualifications and degrees earned matter to evaluation by the Academic Information Center (AIC). Selected higher educational institutions will fix the acknowledgment of students’ presented documents based on the similarity that emerged from the Academic Information Center (AIC).
The student’s selected academic institution issued the evaluation of incomplete studies in higher education abroad. Which study program is the nearby identical to the incomplete studies, how the candidate can continue their studies, or what excessive requirements must be needed before continuing to recite their studies in the program will evaluate by the university?
After all procedures for higher education in Latvian universities, all students are asked to apply for their higher studies which are related to the marks they acquired in their secondary school (For Ex: to study business, one must have marks in accounting, finance, and other business subjects). According to the general system adequate for all students regarding their background, the international student’s efficiency is valued.
In Latvia, most study is taught in Latvian, English, or Russian, or a summation of these three. The international applicants must have adequate efficiency in the language in order to their selected course. In the time of interviews with the foreign student or with the institution’s regular language test, proficiency in a particular language is usually marked. Most of the Latvian university for higher education does not exactly require internationally acknowledged language test, unlike other countries that strictly require them.
The general requirement for Latvian visa application
- A student must fill up the online application form for a Latvia visa.
- 2 photos must be associated with the application; a recent photo capture with a light background and a photo should be in a passport format.
- Copies of passport and previous visas – valid for at least 3 months moreover return date – are necessary. Passport with at least two blank pages.
- A cover letter representing the intention of your travel to Latvia.
- Minimum 30,000 € coverage within Latvia and the entire Schengen zone that is Europe travel insurance confirmation.
- The flight of travel with dates and numbers of flight scheduling entry and exit from Latvia city.
- For a long-duration Stay in the Republic of Latvia, a hotel reservation must need.
- Marriage certificate, date certificate of spouse, birth certificate of children, and ration card if necessary are proof of civil status.
- According to the Immigration Law, the European Commission says, proof of sufficient finances for the duration of stay in Latvia means foreign students need to enjoy at least 14€/day for the duration of their stay when the moment of applying for their Latvian visa to the Latvian Embassy.