The U.S. Youth Exchange and Study (YES) program has allowed high school juniors and seniors from around the world the chance to participate in educational, and cultural exchange programs in the United States.
The US Embassy in Dhaka is currently accepting applications for the 2023-2024 Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) Program for students from Bangladesh. The YES Program allows students from developing countries to study at American universities for one year. Students will participate in a residential program where they learn English, develop professional skills, and gain valuable experiences that they will not have elsewhere.
The program is open to high school students from developing countries to apply for up to four places for the 2022-2023 academic year. The deadline for application submission is until November 14, 2022, at 4:00 p.m. (Bangladesh Standard Time)
Study in USA for Bangladeshi student with full scholarship
Requirement and Eligibility
- The applicant must be at least 15 years of age on or before August 15, 2023. The applicant’s date of birth must be between August 15, 2006, and August 15, 2008, on the applicant’s official birth certificate.
- The applicant must attend a secondary school at the time of application. Private or boarding school students are not eligible.
- Be enrolled in grade eight, nine, ten, or eleven in a U.S. high school or college. Bangladeshi citizens studying abroad are not eligible to apply.
- Take the equivalent of a B average or higher without failing grades.
- You may need transcripts from 2020, 2021, and 2022 academic years. Applicants are not allowed to have a gap year or repeated year of study between the last three years.
- You should be a U.S. citizen to be eligible for a J-1 visa. You shouldn’t be living in the United States for more than 90 days in the past three years.
- Take up permanent citizenship in Bangladesh.
- Dual citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. or any other country are not eligible.
- Possess sufficient English language capability to speak and study in English.
- Applicants should not have any or both parents presently employed by the U.S. Embassy or U.S. Mission.
Application Information and Deadline
Please note the deadline for applying for the 2023-2024 academic year is Monday, November 14, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. (Bangladesh Standard Time).